Poems from Afar Part Two (Borobudur, Sphinx, & Stonehenge)

Bookmark and Share


Part II

Songs from a distance

Borobudur

I have touched the top of Borobudur

and based in its glory

found peace and beauty of

Wisdom and Light -

It looks down the country

A look in the sky

and between human beings and nothingness

What God has created all of this?

9/19/99 by after seeing the 9th century Buddhist shrine in Java, it makes you think. Of all the places that I was, Borobudur is one of the few who gave me the peas as I walked on the field.

Sphinx in Egypt

I touched every one of his paws

felt along the sides of its internal parts of the

feet

touched the stone slab in the center of the

Then the glory of the moon

should be as my old person

Like that - it's wings on his ears

seems to me anyway

Almost arrogant

I knelt down and thanked God

for this opportunity

I knew then

This stone is as old as they may be

are haunted with invisible past

They do not breath, I said,

And that was when I saw his arrogance -

prayed for breathing

As I went up to his chest ...

written while in Cairo, 12/2/98, only a few people can go to the Sphinx, after midnight, if you have $ 1,400 dollars to pay off the guards (and you know the right people), and then it might be permissible to do what I učinio.Sfinga I believe in the vicinity of 13,500 years old. There is a stele in the middle of the Sphinx, between the legs, the king Thuthmosis IV shot at it, he fell to sleep in the shadow of the Sphinx. He told him to remove the sand that covers and on the world to be awarded. Then he became king Egipta.Grci believe that the Great Sphinx is evil, and it may be, it has to be memorable. He said that Oedipus answered the riddle and killed.

Stones
(At Stonehenge)

I was standing in front of his three monumental windows

[Tons of stone] his face got in the moment

(They are the faces you know ).

dark clouds above:

compared with a canopy, crown Mystic:

All of this got into my bones ...

im chilled.

I felt like I was in the halls of Westminster Abbey,

I could see the face of their faces -

At the age of the old stones ... that chilled my bones.

They even whispered to my soul: the wisdom of

and arrogance, "I will ..." began to speak,

and I quickly left, they tried to pull me ...!

Note:. Written 3/24/99 [15:30] after visiting the site, wrote the song here an hour later in Bath, England

{ 0 comments... Views All / Send Comment! }

Post a Comment